Monday, April 14, 2008

That's it!

I've reached my breaking point! I can handle the cute e-mails, the pictures you guys send of everyone having a good time, and the care packages that remind me of my life back home, but Joe Clapsaddle has gone too far! Upon receiving his package this week, I opened it up to find an array of adorable bowties, fabulous skin care products and….a bottle of Hendricks Gin. Hendricks Gin!!! I mean, the nerve! It's hard enough being away from you all without Joe taunting me with the luxuries and memories of home. It's just cruel! I cursed his name and vowed to donate the bottle to charity.

Well while I was in such a fussy, I noticed that by a FLUKE I just so happened to have one random cucumber in my fridge and by ACCIDENT I happened to have a glass available and by SHEER COINCIDENCE there was ice ready. So what's a boy to do other than indulge himself just a teeny tinny sip, right?

Joe Clapsaddle, a man after my own heart and a fellow sporter of bowties, and the gang at the WeHo Chamber managed to bring a moment of style, taste and panache to an unshaven boy in a village halfway around the world.

Thanks.

Z

No comments: