Monday, February 25, 2008

Big Thanks...

to everyone who has sent letters and care packages. They have been a great pick-me-up on those inevitable days of frustration. Variable items such as eye glasses, calendars, and children’s games were a nice treat to the community and they have already begun to be useful. Of course the personal goodies (beef jerky and Trader Joes chocolate pistachio toffee come to mind) were an appreciated and sacred indulgence.

Also, I know several of you (more than I expected) have asked about wanting to have fundraising parties or make personal donations to help get programs started in Chonguene till I can find sustainable funding sources. I am almost positive that there is a way for it to be tax deductible AND go to my direct projects. I will try and get more info when I am down in Maputo in mid-March.

And if it’s not too much trouble, I would like the following hard-to-get items sent to me in future packages:
Lay-Z-Boy Recliner
Weight Set
Omaha Beef Steaks
My Old Mattress
American Ingenuity
A Hendricks Gin Martini with sliced cucumber.

Much Love,

ZS

No comments: